QuickBooks is a highly technologically secure software that carries out each and every task after proper verification. One such verification step is the digital signature, a primary way for QuickBooks to confirm the authenticity factor. If QuickBooks fails to recognize the digital signature, then errors such as QuickBooks error 15215 can be encountered. This is a severe error that prohibits users from carrying out any critical tasks that require a digital signature. To resume using all the typical QuickBooks operations, eradication of this error is necessary, which can be done by implementing the troubleshooting comprehended in this blog below.
Troubleshooting can be time-consuming, and it is not recommended for users to apply technical steps without actual knowledge. The most secure and authentic way to terminate the error would be to call the QuickBooks authorized troubleshooting professionals at 1.855.738.2784 And avail of the best troubleshooting services available.
Causes for the QuickBooks error 15215
Since the digital signature becomes untraceable, many elements can be associated with it. We will look at all the justifications for the error through the given points below.
- The primary reason is considered to be the applications running in the background, which are consuming larger bandwidth of data.
- The essential files required by QuickBooks to run may be missing, corrupted or damaged.
- Extensions attached to the file names may be incorrect.
- The antivirus or any other security application installed in the system might prohibit the scanning of the digital signature.
- Using outdated versions of QuickBooks and Microsoft Windows.
- Unstable Internet connectivity can be the leading cause behind the error.
It is mandatory to check the primary settings of the system, such as date and time, Internet connection, versions you are using and so on.
Solutions for QuickBooks error 15215
The error does not only stop the verification of the digital signature, but also hinders typical tasks of the system, which is why the eradication of the error becomes even more necessary. We have mentioned a quick and easy approach in the points below that you can easily employ and execute to terminate the error seamlessly.
Solution: Fix the TLS settings of the Internet Explorer
- Since the misconfiguration of Internet Explorer can be the fundamental rationale for the error, we’ll fix it by employing the following points.
- Start by closing all the functions and launching Internet Explorer.
- Go to the ‘tools’ section and then to ‘Internet Options.’
- Tap on ‘advanced’ and then on ‘settings.’
- You’ll see numerous ‘TLS’ options, viz., ‘TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1, TLS 1.2.’
- Precisely remove a tick mark in the checkbox beside ‘use TLS 1.2’ and ‘TLS 1.1.’
- Insert a tick mark beside ‘USE TLS 1.0’ Check the box only.
- Save the changes and reboot the workstation.
Start using QuickBooks again and verify the digital signature to ensure that QuickBooks Error 15215 has been settled. In case of further technical assistance from IT experts, contact 1.855.738.2784.