The global CRISPR Genomic Cure market is estimated to be valued at US$ 1.84 billion in 2023 and is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 34.7% over the forecast period 2023-2030, as highlighted in a new report published by Coherent Market Insights.
CRISPR (Clustered Regularly Interspaced Short Palindromic Repeats) is a revolutionary gene-editing technology that allows scientists to alter an organism's DNA. CRISPR genomic cure technology has the potential to revolutionize healthcare by providing treatments for genetic disorders, infectious diseases, and cancer.
The applications of CRISPR genomic cure technology are vast and include gene therapy, genetic engineering, and precision medicine. The technology offers the possibility of developing personalized treatments and therapies that are tailored to an individual's genetic makeup.
The CRISPR Genomic Cure market is driven by two major factors, namely increasing investments and technological advancements.
1. Increasing Investments:
The rising investments in CRISPR Genomic Cure research and development are driving the market growth. Many pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies are investing heavily in CRISPR technology to develop innovative treatments and therapies. For example, CRISPR Therapeutics AG received funding of US$ 455 million in its initial public offering to support the development of CRISPR-based gene therapies.
2. Technological Advancements:
Advancements in CRISPR technology are expanding its applications and enhancing its efficiency, which is further fueling the market growth. Improved CRISPR tools and techniques are being developed to overcome the challenges associated with off-target effects and delivery of CRISPR components. For instance, the development of base editing and prime editing techniques has made precise genetic modifications possible.
The CRISPR Genomic Cure market can be segmented based on product type, application, and end-user. In terms of product type, the market is dominated by CRISPR enzymes and kits, as they are essential components for gene editing. In the application segment, the gene therapy segment is expected to dominate the market, owing to the increasing focus on developing gene-based therapies for various genetic disorders and diseases.
- Political: There are legal and ethical considerations surrounding the use of CRISPR technology for gene editing in humans. Regulations and guidelines are being established to ensure responsible usage.
- Economic: The CRISPR Genomic Cure Market is witnessing significant investments from governments, research institutions, and pharmaceutical companies, driving economic growth.
- Social: The acceptance and adoption of CRISPR technology in healthcare are increasing as people are becoming aware of its potential to cure genetic diseases.
- Technological: Continuous advancements in CRISPR technology are improving its efficiency and expanding its applications, driving market growth.
- The global CRISPR Genomic Cure market is expected to witness high growth, exhibiting a CAGR of 34.7% over the forecast period, due to increasing investments and technological advancements in CRISPR technology.
- North America is expected to be the fastest-growing and dominating region in the CRISPR Genomic Cure market, owing to the presence of major pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies and supportive government initiatives.
- Key players operating in the global CRISPR Genomic Cure market include CRISPR Therapeutics AG, Editas Medicine, Inc., Intellia Therapeutics, Inc., Sangamo Therapeutics, Inc., Beam Therapeutics Inc., Caribou Biosciences, Inc., Mammoth Biosciences, Precision Biosciences, Inc., Synthego Corporation, GenScript Biotech Corporation, Horizon Discovery Group plc, Lonza Group Ltd., Takara Bio Inc., Merck KGaA, and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. These players are actively involved in research and development activities to enhance their product offerings and gain a competitive edge in the market.
81 Blog posts