Apple is the proverbial giant in the podcasting world because the brand is already a dominant fixture in the minds of millions of people. Therefore, if you are a podcaster, you will definitely want to be on Apple Podcasts (formerly known as iTunes). Millions of people access their platform each and every day.
If you have your podcast listed there, it automatically gives you access to listeners who can become subscribers and, ultimately, customers. Consequently, most people have already downloaded the iTunes or Podcast App. podcast app If you broadcast your program from another platform, people may not go through the trouble of downloading another App just to listen to your show.
A bigger Share of the Pie
Undoubtedly, the iTunes app is one of the most popular apps used on smart phones. Almost 90% of the world's podcasting programs are listed there. Almost 80% of the other platforms will access your Rss feed to grab your episodes and share with their clients. Almost 70% of all podcast listeners have access to this platform. In addition, about 60% of listeners use this app to download their favorite programming.
Ultimately, if you are not using Apple Podcasts to list your program, you are losing out on an opportunity to reach up to 60% of your listener base. It really does not matter what the genre or niche that you are in, you are easier to find if you are listed here.
This platform is an extremely good choice if you are just starting out, as it promotes new shows and gives you an opportunity to become exposed to a potentially much wider audience.
With some planning and effort, you can have a successful launch into the world of podcasting. Some podcasters have been able to monetize their shows. But they would not have been able to do so without being listed on this platform to begin with.
Some Advantages of Listing with Apple
1. You will be able to run their own ads during your broadcast (within your recording). As the host you can even promote brands or take advantage of sponsorship deals.
2. Approval of your program takes anywhere from 24 to 72 hours. However, there are special cases that might delay the period to longer times.
3. You will be able to use their analytics to determine which episodes are the most popular. You can analyze your audiences' preference to determine which types of programs they like or dislike.
4. Apple connect: this feature allows you to manage your Podcast, with the aid of the following operations:
· It allows you to customize your library by deleting or downloading episodes.
· Changing up the sequence of playback
5. It also has some nifty tools as well, such as:
· Embedded players: which allows your listeners to go through your library of all your episodes that you have uploaded. The embedded player allows you to effortlessly stream your episodes from your host to the final consumer, your listeners.
· Marketing Tools: these help to create a clear path for your listeners to access your published files. It also allows you to take advantage of personalized links and badges.
· Analytics: The Analytics feature is probably the coolest or most valuable resource available on their platform. You can use it to evaluate the overall performance of your podcast. With this feature, you can determine the geographic location of your listeners and how many of them are listening to your program from start to finish. You can then use this information to make wiser decisions regarding your promotion and marketing efforts.
The bottom line is that Apple Podcasts is a free tool that is very, very popular. It is very easy to use and offers numerous benefits to Podcasters who list their programs on their platform. Take advantage of their services and grow your podcast listening audience!